Watts to BTU Conversion Factor
In the last few posts we cover about ton to KW, and about tons to BTU. In this post it's all about Watts to BTU conversion factor.
And all these conversions will help you to decide to know your requirements in terms of Generator size and about which - single vs 3 phase generator you need.
What is the formula for this?
You can use a simple formula to convert watts into BTU.
1 Watt is equivalent to 3.412BTU
3 Watt is equal to 6.824BTU
10 Watt is equal to 34.121 BTU
Btu/hour (w) = 3.4121
This calculation is composed of two units, as described below.
* Watt: One watt is an International System of Units symbolized by "W." It is one Joule per Second (1 J/s) and is the power unit.
And the power can be used to measure the energy conversion rate or work performed.
* BTU is the British thermal unit. It is mainly used in steam generating equipment, heaters, and air conditioners.
One BTU is the heat required to raise a temperature of 1 Fahrenheit in water samples with a weight of 1 pound.
What is the equivalent of 1000 Watts in BTU?
One thousand watts equals 3412.141633 BTU/hr.
If you ask the answer to the question "How many BTU are 1,000 watts?" is: One kilowatt equals 3.41 BTU/h.
This holds for 100 W/H. Divide the BTU/h number by 3 to convert it into a unit of measurement.
And the formula will allow you to calculate how many BTU/h it takes to measure a unit.
What is the equivalent of 1800 Watts in BTU?
One thousand eight hundred watts equals 6141.8549394 BTU/hr.
And again, the answer to the question "How many BTU are 1800 watts?" is dependent on what you do.
You will need to know the BTU of a space heater if you want to purchase one. You can use a BTU-to-watt converter to calculate how much power you require.
A standard size produces five hundred, eight hundred, and thirty-four kilowatts of heat.
What is the BTU value of 5000 watts in watts?
Five thousand watts equals 17060.708165 BTU/hr.
You might be wondering how many BTUs a unit of 5,000 watts consumes when you are looking to buy an air conditioner unit.
It is much simpler than you think. One thousand BTUs equals about 1700 BTUs an hour. 1000 w equals approximately 5000 Btu. You can see the price tag to find out how much energy it consumes.
You can perform the calculation step by step.
1. First, take note of the calculations you have done. You can either do them manually or with a calculator.
2. This is the formula:
Btu/hour (w) *3, 4121
3. We can transform watts into BTU by replacing the letters in the parentheses (with the data in watts) with the letters within the parentheses.
4. The data in W are multiplied by 3, 4121 BTU.
5. Multiplication yields the desired result, which is the conversion of watts to BTU.
It is easy to do this calculation if you have the correct data. With this guide, you can quickly calculate watts to BTU or watts to BTU.
These calculations are possible without any limitations. You don't have to be complicated to solve them.
Hope these conversion of units help you to decide on your buying decision of portable generator.